The Story of the Nametagless Missionaries



First off, if you are on this Email list, you will be receiving all of my weekly emails. I'm so excited they I  am finally on my way and I love you all.

So I thought you guys would like to hear the story  of my travels to the MTC and my experiences so far. I left my home this morning  around 5am. We made it to the airport and our first flight to Chicago went great. ( I am flying with 11 other missionaries going to the Preston MTC. There are 3 sisters and  8 Elders including me. ) We had a 3 hour layover In Chicago. We finally boarded our flight to Amsterdam  after what felt like forever. After sitting in the airplane for about an hour and a half before we were all told to disembark the airplane because the plane was broken. They told us that it would maybe be 1 hour and we could get right back on the airplane.. After 4 hours passed, we were told that the flight was canceled and that we would need to collect out checked luggage and report to the counter to reschedule our flight. That is when we learned that  we would not be leaving Chicago any time soon. We have been rescheduled to leave Chicago tomorrow at 4:00 pm, the same flight we were scheduled on for the 3rd. But just the next day. The airline was very nice and took care of us so we are all staying in a hotel tonight  in Chicago.  We are safe and we are just ready to leave the country and get to serving. We got to the hotel at about 12:30 And we ordered pizza with the food vouchers the airline gave us. So I did get to try Chicago style pizza (didn't taste much different from normal pizza) we all were just so happy to be somewhere where we could finally eat and sleep. We have all been trying to find opportunities to talk to people while flying. So many people ask us what we are doing all dressed up. When we tell them we are Mormon missionaries, they ask where our nametags are. So we have developed the name of The Nametagless Missionaries Stuck in Chicago. We have also decided that something huge is gonna be happening in Europe the next year or two  because Satan is working real hard to make sure we don't  get there, and that if we do get there, we will get there frustrated. That's all there really is far! I'll keep you posted when I email on my P day (instead of in a hotel in chicago) I love you all. See you in 2. 

-Elder Eric Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment

England Birmingham Mission Part 6

On P-day exploring Wolverhampton Hello everyone! This week hasn't been much different then the last. We have been working hard and...